Thanks to advances in technology and the magic that is the Internet, our lifestyles have only gotten more comfortable. With this kind of shiny new tech, it stands to reason that these new breakthroughs should be used in home security. After all, it pays to feel safe at home with all this cool new tech lying around. Arlo by Netgear gives you wireless, weatherproof cameras that will help you keep you and your loved ones safe. It’s one of our top rated pet cameras, here at Petsho!
About this Product
The Arlo family of smart security cameras has a variety of cameras for you to choose from. They are all wireless and run on AC power. They have crystal clear HD video quality and two-way audio. You can live stream without worry, because they also provide free cloud recording. You can also get instant alerts on your smartphone when any motion is detected.
- Wireless – You can put these cameras anywhere without worrying about cables or connectability. Indoor or outdoor, you can cover it all with these cameras. You can place it as far as 300 feet
- away from the central hub.
- Compact – Its small size makes it easy to go unnoticed. This way, it’s easier for you to find discreet places to put it without worrying about it being too intrusive or noticeable.
- HD Quality – The cameras all have 720p resolution in day and night mode. The cameras have a field of view of 130 degrees allow you to live stream from wherever you are.
- Motion Alerts – You’ll be notified whenever something is caught moving on the cameras.
- Weatherproof – All the cameras are able to withstand being placed outside. It can survive a temperature range of -10 degrees to 50 degrees Celsius.
- Battery-Powered – Although using battery power seems a bit old school, but this means that you don’t have to worry about charging it or cables!
- Smartphone Access – The app allows you to see through all the connected cameras in your home. You can watch all the video feeds at the same time or zoom into just one.
The cameras need to be connected to your Internet to be able to record and stream. The cameras must connect to a central hub, called the Base Station. The cameras can go as far as 300 feet away from hub.
All you have to do is download the Arlo app from the App Store or Google Play Store. The app will give you clear instructions on how to setup your Base Station. Next, you’ll be guided on how to sync your cameras to the Base Station. The cameras don’t come with the batteries installed so you’ll have to pop them in yourself. From there, just follow instructions to sync them up and you’re done! If you want to know more about pet cameras, check out this guide!
- The quality of the videos are HD and crystal clear.
- You can put these cameras anywhere you want with minimal worry. This gives you indoor and outdoor coverage.
- There’s no need for cables or charging. All you have to do is replace the batteries when needed.
- Notifications are sent out when motion is detected by the cameras.
- Setup is simple, quick, and easy.
- Battery life is variable based on where you put it and how much work it does.
- The motion-activated recording may be delayed even though you can fiddle with its sensitivity.
- The night vision may be unclear if there is no source of light nearby.
These wireless cameras give you great flexibility without making you compromise good video quality. Its small size make it easy for you to put them anywhere, whether indoors or outdoors. What’s more, you don’t have to charge the cameras! Beware, though, as low temperatures outside may make the battery life go a bit haywire. Overall, the cameras are wonderfully easy to set up and clear viewing.