Table of Contents
- Best Automatic Litter Boxes 2020
- Litter Robot III Open Air Automatic Cat Litter Box
- Litter Robot LRII Automatic Cat Box
- Petsafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning
- CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing
- Pet Zone Smart Scoop
- Litter Maid LM980
- PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean
- LitterMaid LM580 Classic
- Pet Zone SmartScoop
- Catit Design SmartSift Sifting Pan
- Best Covered Litter Box – Hidden
- How Automatic Cat Litter Boxes Can Help?
- How To Choose: Your Automatic Litter Box Reviews?
- Where Should You Place It?
Our Comparison Table
|Best Litter Box||Check Price:||Multiple Cats?||My Notes:||My Rating Out of 5|
|Litter Robot III||Check Latest Price Here & Get $25 off||Yes||Super strong & durable. Self cleaning. Rotator. Automatic night light. Reduces odor.||4.8|
|Litter Robot LRII||Check Latest Price Here||Yes||Patented sifting design. No rakes/wires. Rotating.||4.7|
|ScoopFree||Check Latest Price Here||Yes||Covered trap. Self cleans for weeks! Very effective at reducing odors.||4.7|
|CatGenie||Check Latest Price Here||Yes but no more than 3.||Self Flushing. Washes itself clean!||4.5|
|LitterMaid Classic LM580||Check Latest Price Here||No.||Strong, durable, high wall design, safety bar||4.4|
|SmartScoop||Check Latest Price Here||Yes||Smart sensor||4.3|
|LitterMaid||Check Latest Price Here||Yes. Great for larger cats too.||Very strong & durable with removable rake||4.6|
|PetSafe Simply Clean||Check Latest Price Here||Yes||Uses less clumping litter||4.5|
|PetZone SmartScoop||Check Latest Price Here||Yes||4 times quieter than others. Easy to clean.||4.3|
|Catitn Design Smartsift||Check Latest Price Here||Yes. All sizes.||Simple, minimalistic design. No motorized pieces.||4.0|
Best Automatic Litter Boxes 2020
Litter Robot III Open Air Automatic Cat Litter Box
Dimensions: 26.8 x 24.4 x 29.1 inches
My Rating: 4.8
Litter Robot LRII Automatic Cat Box
My Rating: 4.7
This is the original self cleaning litter box that suits your small to mid sized feline friend the best. It has a clean cycle system with slow rotation of the globe for the cleaning job. It also suits multiple kitty well. With its 90 day money back guarantee, you don’t have anything to lose.
Petsafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning
Dimensions: 27.4 x 19 x 7 inches
My Rating: 4.7
- Premium Blue Crystals controls odor really, really well!
- Dust free
- Use any type of litter
- Does not stick to paws
- Rakes waste into closed waste compartment
- Safety sensors
- Disposable trays
- Adjustable timer for rake
CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing
Dimensions: 24.5 x 19.2 x 21 inches
My Rating: 4.5
- Flushes waste and cleans itself! Effectively self cleaning
- 100% dust free!
- Washable granules used instead of clay so your kitty can still dig and cover to its heart’s content
- Includes biodegradable & recyclable cartridge
- Several activation choices
- Perfect for 1-2 felines but no more than 3
- Multi-cat families!
- Electric best cat litter box – needs to hook up to electricity and cold water
I recommend you to install in a bathroom where there’s access to cold water. This self-cleaning litter box flushes away the waste after use and washes itself clean without you having to do anything.
Pet Zone Smart Scoop
imensions: 26.5 x 16.9 x 7.6 inches
My Rating: 4.3
These self cleaning litter boxes come with an automatic smart sensor which triggers the activation of the cleaning cycle. It’s known for being very quiet and easy to disassemble for cleaning.
- This best litterbox is known as the most popular option for multiple cats. It is self cleaning and comes with a smart sensor to activate the cleaning cycle. The scooping and motor rake run for 15 minutes after your cat leaves with a quiet and powerful motor.
Litter Maid LM980
Dimensions: 26.5 x 16.9 x 7.6 inches
My Rating: 4.6
- New and improved design! A lot more durable
- Large sized design with high walls
- Has safety bar which stops rake in case of blockage
- Easy to clean & set up
- Carbon filters reduce odor
- Great for multiple felines. Even your feline friend who’s above 15 pounds.
- Multi-cat households!
- Comes with lots of accessories: removable rake, removable tray, battery back-up, 4 sealed waste receptacles and 4 carbon filters
PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean
Dimensions: 26 x 19 x 10 inches
My Rating: 4.5
This is a unique automatic system from Petsafe that cleans and removes wastes. It has a built-in waste container via a slow-moving rotating Conveyor System.
- Reduces odor and bacterial
- Simple to set up, use and clean
- Uses less clumping litter
- Quiet operation
- Doesn’t need purchasing special bags needed
- Does run on low voltage AC power adapter
- Suits felines up to 15 pounds
- 1 year warranty
- The waste is sifted through and is made to move up the conveyor belt and right into the waste container. Self cleaning. Remove waste container and dump waste in the trash to clean.
LitterMaid LM580 Classic
Dimensions: 17.2 x 9.3 x 24.3 inches
My Rating: 4.4
This self-cleaning litter box from Littermaid takes away the need to scoop daily and keeps the home smelling fresh and looking clean. It comes with a compact designing and has a removable robotic rake which removes the waste.
- Ideal for single cat households
- Comes with adjustable programming
- Reduces litter
- Comes with detachable rake mechanism
It scoops your cat’s waste into a closed and disposable receptacle which has a carbon filter in it to absorb and remove odors. The dual-motion sensors scoop and remove waste easily.
Pet Zone SmartScoop
Dimensions: 26.5 x 16.9 x 7.6 inches
My Rating: 4.2Technologically advanced, this self cleaning cat box scoops from the kitty box. It then deposits it into a bin after your cat leaves the box.The Self-Cleaning Activated Carbon Filter in the bin helps to eliminate odor. Low maintenance and easy to clean, all you have to do is remove the rake, waste bin and slide off the motor unit.
The self-cleaning rake moves forward to scoop the clumps forward and then puts them into the waste bin. The bin comes with a no-touch waste bag so that the waste can be disposed off easily.
- Eliminates odor
- Easy to clean and empty
- Uses any clumping litter
- 6-month supply of activated carbon filters
- All parts are removable
- Comes with one year warranty
- Low maintenance
Catit Design SmartSift Sifting Pan
Dimensions: 26.6 x 19.3 x 18.5 inches
My Rating: 4.0
This Catit sifting cat pan which allows you to forget all about maintenance. It has a pull-and-refresh system which you simply pull the lever to get rid of the waste. You simply have to pull down the lever to activate a seamless and quiet process which efficiently and rapidly sifts and disposes off the waste for you. Talk about self-cleaning!
- Scoops by pulling the lever
- No motorized pieces
- Less expensive
- Sealed design
- Suitable for your feline friend of all sizes
- Helps with litter tracking
Best Covered Litter Box – Hidden
How Automatic Cat Litter Boxes Can Help?
- Cheaper to purchase
- Quiet and safe to use
- Saves time
In this day and age where we are all so busy, who wants to spend time dealing with kitty waste? It’s a lot easier and more efficient to get an automate the cleaning process and free up your time for other more important things. You won’t find yourself scooping every single day. Instead, you’ll only be doing it once in a while.
Pamper your kitty
How To Choose: Your Automatic Litter Box Reviews?
Think about how much room you have and where you’re going to store the automatic litter box. If you live in a smaller apartment, you might want to go with something a lot smaller and compact.
Also, consider the sizes of your cats. Some cats like bigger boxes, some likes smaller, cozier ones
Have kittens or smaller breeds? Choose a smaller crate. Of course, make sure the side is easier to climb up and over. Keep in mind your kitten’s smaller stature. If you get one with walls that are too high, your feline might not even use it at all. You’d feel so annoyed wasting your money!
If you consider your feline to be an average size, go for a medium sized crate. Larger felines will love over sized crates more.
If you find this all confusing, bear in mind this general rule of thumb. The crate width should at least be the length of your cat. Do not get one that’s any smaller because more felines do not like spaces that are too crammed.
Don’t forget, your feline isn’t just going to sit in there. It will need space to move, bury, scratch and turn around!
How It Works
Some automatic electric cat litter boxes need you to plug it in to an electrical source. Is that so
mething you would like? Is the spot where you’re going to put it accessible to any electrical power points?
Where Should You Place It?
Now, you have to decide where the best optimum place is to put your automated cat litter box. Of course, the first tip is to put it somewhere that is easy for your cats to find. And make sure there’s enough room.
A Safe and Quiet Environment
Also, try to keep the automated litter box away from dryers or even dogs. Your cat might be too worried about being pounced on while doing its business in the self cleaning cat litter box.
If You Have A Garden…
If you’re lucky enough to have a nice spacious garden, then it’ll be ideal to place your best self cleaning cat litter box near the porch. It will give your pet plenty of room.
Privacy Is Best
It’s no secret that cats love their privacy, especially when they have to eliminate. Some private areas to consider are a spare bathroom or bedroom.
Especially for very young or very old cats, it’s not ideal to place the automated litter box in a bedroom upstairs. Try not to force your cat to climb the stairs to use the litter box.
Older cats might also suffer from arthritis, causing them a lot of pain if they have to climb stairs.
Basements seem quiet and private enough. However, they are usually too dark and even damp. This can lead to bacteria breeding in your cat’s litter box. Overall, not the best spot.
All Levels Might Be Necessary
If you’ve got quite a few cats, it might be necessary to place a litter box on every single level.
Getting the best litter box for cats is certainly a good long term investment. These best self-cleaning litter boxes are great, budget-friendly and your cats are surely going to love them.
They also have health benefits for you so why not? Try to understand your feline friend’s behaviour and character to help you choose the right one too. We definitely love our cleaner environment now!
If you’re looking for more, I also have a full review of traditional cat litter boxes.