The kennel doesn’t have to be like “doggie jail.” In fact, Harley gets his own private space, and when he's outside, the outdoor kennel allows him to run around without running off. The only bad thing is how difficult it is to pick one. If you pick the right one though, your pet will be able to get active while being comfortable.
Table of Contents
- What To Look Out For
- Top Outdoor Kennel
- Cedar Grove
- Petsafe Box
- Lucky Dog Resort
My Number 1 Recommendation
This brand is my top recommendation for great value and top ratings (personally and also, from other customers). Extremely sturdy, strong, durable and easy to set up, I'm confident you'll sing the praises of this one too.
What To Look Out For
Kennels don’t confine your pet like some people may think. In actuality, they give your pup a safe space to rest if you pick out an indoor variety, and help them exercise safely if you choose a large outdoor one. If your pup doesn’t have a fenced in area to play in and you don’t want them breaking your house, these larger ones are perfect.
When you’re out searching, there are a few things to keep in mind. The crate has to be durable in case your pet has more energy than you can handle, and the quality needs to be high so it doesn’t break. Dogs who don’t exercise get restless, meaning that a good size is necessary. Look for good product reviews too so you can decide if the price is really worth it. If there’s a waterproof tarp for the worst weather, that’s even better!
Also Read: Best dog crates for your home
Top Outdoor Kennel
When it comes to outdoor ones, Lucky Dog makes some of the top notch ones. It might just be the greatest outdoor one, including a cover, a locking latch, and a great black finish. You don’t even need any tools to put it together, making your life about 10 times easier!
- Extremely easy to put together and looks nice too
- It can’t be broken by even 90 pound pets
- It works great for cats too if you’re looking to give them outdoor time
- Some motivated pups may do damage to themselves trying to get out
Rust-resistant steel with a heavy duty frame makes Aleko stand out above the rest. It can be connected to other playpens with an easy-open door for your convenience. Whether you’re painting your house and need your pet out of the way, or want them outside, this is easy to put together and move around!
- Very versatile, and can be used for multiple types of pets
- Easy to unpack, assemble, and disassemble to move around
- It can fit two large dogs with ease
- There have been issues getting the proper hardware from the company to put it together
- Hand tightening the bolts broke some of them in some cases
When I saw the Advantek, I wondering if this was for pups. That’s how sleek it looks! This low-profile design gives your dog maximum protection, especially with safe and secure latching. You don’t need tools to put it together either. Your big dog will fit perfectly under that tarp!
- It can be put together in just 20 minutes, with only scissors needed
- This tent won’t break when your pet slams against it
- Perfect for cats looking for a little outdoor time
- The connecting pieces are made of plastic, so it’s easier to break
- It requires you to stabilize it if your pet is really energized
Talk about a beautiful crate! The wood used for the Cedar Grove crate is stylish and easy to clean, fitting in with any home décor easily. Your dog might not have a whole bunch of room to run around, but they’ll be thanking you for
- It’s put together quickly and everything you need is included
- Very sturdy, and a large enough size
- Pups feel relaxed in them, and often just go in to lie down
- Some people say that they’re too small for their pet
- The nails may be easy to pull out, so the crate isn’t necessarily puppy safe
Now if your pet needs space to run around, this is the crate to pick up. You can assemble the Petsafe within one hour and just leave it outside no matter the weather. The secure lock keeps them safe even if you can’t watch constantly, and shipping will get it to you fast!
- There’s no sagging with how many ties secure the product
- The price is definitely desirable for the size
- The locking mechanism on the door isn’t something dogs can break through easily
- It takes a bit longer to put up with lots of smaller pieces
- Some buyers are disappointed that there’s no type of cover included
- It is a little difficult to put up alone, since it isn’t stable until it’s completely put up
Lucky Dog Resort
This is certainly a resort, and your dog will definitely think they’re lucky when you pick one up. The square panels give huge stability and allow you to design however you want. Assemble it fast and throw on the weather guard to keep your pet happy rain or shine.
- It’s very sturdy, and does not include plastic parts
- Two large dogs can fit in it and move around with ease
- Very easy to set up, and can be modified simply for cats
- It’s harder to access if you’re trying to get in and clean up any messes
- Without the tarp, the height is short enough for many to be able to escape