To some people, the concept of the best pet stroller makes parents seem a little overprotective. In reality though, the best cat stroller (or dog stroller) can actually really convenient. Especially if you have a dog or cat who’s tired, ill or older, having one allows you to take him along to enjoy the sun and fresh air. In this review, I’m going to show you my top picks.
7 Best Pet Stroller for Dogs & Cats
Pet Gear No-Zip NV Stroller – Best Dog Stroller
A pram without zippers? I didn’t even know they existed. This one even has a bolster pad with a weather cover that allows for a panoramic view so your dog or cat can feel involved. The large air ride tires work great for different terrains too.
- Two cats or dogs fit right in the compartment easily
- It’s much easier to get your pet in there without having to worry about zipping
- It doesn’t fold up very small
- You might need to use some of your own tools for the wheels
Go Pet Club Stroller
This is one of the top stroller with its cover and visibility. Your dog can sit and relax while looking outside in one of these different colored prams. The pad and safety leash make cleaning easy and lets you walk your dog or cat without problems.
- The quality is excellent, the price is reasonable, and people love the cup holders
- It includes a clip to fasten on the collar so there are no issues
- Two animals can be put in there at once with ease
- There’s some extra work required to fold it up
- The instructions are an issue for a lot of people
Dog Stroller Reviews – Promenade
Talk about a fancy product. The Promenade has a canopy mesh that makes it perfect for all breeds and sizes. It provides a larger amount of space so your pet can move around, and is positioned so you’ll be able to walk or jog behind them with ease. My cat prefers this stroller the most and I also read that this was a popular choice from most reviews.
- It glides easily over various types of terrain
- Air filled tires allow you to move it around simply
- It’s heavier and larger than some of the other brands
- The compartments are difficult for people to reach into casually
Best Value For Money – Pet Gear Happy Trails
The panoramic view of this stroller lets them see around easily, and with water resistant material, you can take them out in all weather. The front shock absorbers let you push it like it weighs nothing too!
- It has an unobstructed panoramic view at eye level
- It’s very lightweight and easy to carry
- There’s easy access to the basket underneath for your convenience
- Everything pieces together very easily and closes securely
- The nylon is pretty thin and stays wrinkled
- The wheels are not as heavy duty as I would have liked
Confidence Deluxe Four Wheel
You can put your cat in from the front or the back, and you’ll know they’re safe with a durable mesh and protective canopy. 14 wheels total keep it going on all terrains, while it folds in seconds to help you store.
- The Deluxe is functional, sturdy, and has plenty of room for two animals
- People love the extra storage possibilities
- Some people have voiced out (and I agree) that it’d be great if there were more colors to choose from
- Some have said that the wheels don’t handle rough terrains as well
Pet Gear Special Edition
I’m finding all kinds of no-zip designs out there, and I love it when they include water resistant covers like the Pet Gear Special does! Those front wheels swivel and the entire frame can hold cats or dogs as heavy as 45 pounds. Take your medium-sized dog for a stroll then!
- It’s pretty easy to put together
- Surprisingly agile and moves with ease
- Small dogs love the stroller, and it protects them from the outside well
- Sometimes the locking mechanism is a little unclear for some buyers
- The folding mechanism has given some people trouble
- There is no elevated “paw rest” on the inside
Best Cat Stroller Reviews – HPZ Pet Rover
This is one of the more heavy duty brands and best dog stroller out there. If you want something that is super safe and durable, this is it. Solid, sturdy and extremely reliable, this Rover is meant for all terrains with its thick frame yet lightweight build. Fold it quickly and simple with one hand (best thing about this stroller!), you’ll also be happy to know that this doesn’t take up a lot of space. Awesome if you live in a smaller apartment. The UV reflective material and mesh top help to protect your dogs or cats while the extra storage basket comes in handy when you need to travel and take along a bunch of essentials.
- Great for pets of all sizes!
- Super easy and quick to fold with one hand!
- Very comfortable interiors
- Zipper-less entry for your animal – very convenient
Questions to Ask Before You Buy One
Over the last few years, strollers have grown in popularity. To really get the greatest value for your buck, there are important things you need to know before you go out shopping!
1. Where are you walking?
Terrain makes a difference. The wheels need to be the right size to deal with the right terrain. Small wheels are perfect for smooth sidewalks, but larger wheels are necessary for dirt or uneven trails.
2. How often will you use it?
If you don’t end up walking a lot, you don’t need a really high end one. If you’re a daily jogger or walker, make sure to get a model that can handle it.
3. Length of walks
Short walks only need something basic, but on longer walks, comfort is more important. Long jogs need something that your dog or cat can sit in easily and that you can push without too much effort.
4. Are you a casual walker?
As anyone knows, there’s a difference between normal walking and a power stroll. During a normal walk, you don’t need something super durable or stable. A strenuous jog however needs something that will last a long time, like inflatable tires.
5. Your storage
My garage is full of junk, and I’m running out of space in the laundry room. I need a collapsible one to save room, although you might be able to get a different model if you have more space.
6. Do you travel?
Frequent travelers may also need something lightweight and collapsible. Going up and down stairs will certainly be easier and traveling won’t be as much of a hassle.
7. I have multiple dogs!
People with many dogs may want to put two little guys in there at once. Your pram has to be able to support that weight though, and fit more than one animal inside.
8. Do you need an all weather one?
It’s fun sometimes to walk or jog in the rain, but that shouldn’t stop you from bringing your dog or cat! There are some designs out there with rain-resistant fabric and wind guards to help your dog or cat come along.
One of the most forgotten features is the height handle. When running, the handle needs to be high enough that you can push comfortably! On top of that, some higher ones have more pockets for your storage, while lower ones may be better for larger dogs.
I already told you about weight limits and size, so be sure to take a look at how much space your dog will have to move around. Cat owners love a small privacy area to relax their fuzzy friend, but dogs love them too! For your convenience, pick out something easy to clean though. It should have a removable pad with a fabric that you can get their hair off of.
Durability, terrain capabilities, and easy folding are important too, along with cost. If your stroller doesn’t last or doesn’t work how you’d like, there’s no point in spending so much money!
I used to think pet strollers weren’t used for much. But when I wanted to take my cat out, they were perfect. Pet strollers let you carry your dog or cat with you when they get tired so they can be outside too. Finding the best cat stroller (or best dog stroller) takes a little work. Although since I’ve done all the work for you, you’ve just got to pick the one that suits your needs.