The Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain is perfect for any home with pets. This is because the device allows for constant supply of clean, filtered drinking water to one or multiple pets at a time. The fountain keeps the water moving, drawing your pets’ attention and keeping them hydrated throughout the day.
Animals are instinctively attracted to moving water because it is a sign of freshness. This is one of the reasons why most pets are not properly hydrated: stagnant water in regular bowls does not motivate them to drink. An ounce of water per pound should be the average water intake for pets and the Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain will accomplish that goal quietly and easily. For more water fountain roundups and comparisons, check out my huge post here!
About This Product
Enticing and practical, the Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain has free-falling water streams, activated carbon filtration and is made of BPA-free plastic. The activated carbon filters are elaborated with coconut shells that have been put through a carbonization process. Oxygen activates the carbon and contaminants can now be absorbed, including common chlorine found in tap water. As a result, the filtration gives your pet better-tasting water with no odors.
Thanks to its innovative 360 design in the form of a circular bowl, more than one pet can enjoy a refreshing drink of water without waiting. This contemporary design also fits well with all modern home decorations. It can effortlessly be taken apart or put together as the need calls. It is simple to use – simply fill and refill with water – and requires no special tools to assemble.
- Appealing free-falling water streams
- Adjustable water flow
- Can hold up to a gallon or 128oz. of water
- Receiving ramp reduces splashes and noise from falling water
- Includes rubber feet to prevent sliding
- Comes with 5 interchangeable spout rings
- Replaceable activated carbon filters
- Submersible pump for quiet operation
- Pre-filter made from foam helps collect debris and hair for pump protection and cleanliness
- Included clips can be used to hide power cord
- Low-voltage, 12V, allows for low energy consumption
- All parts of device are dishwasher safe, excluding the pump
- It is a 100% BPA-free plastic product
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Product dimensions: 13.5 x 13.5 x 8.8 inches
- It weighs only 3.4 pounds
How to Clean It
The fountain can be easily taken apart for quicker and thorough cleaning. Just put the pieces, except the pump, in the dishwasher with a mild detergent and you are all set. If you have no dishwasher, take the pieces and wash with warm, soapy water.
For the occasional disinfection and detail cleaning, use a toothbrush. Regular cleaning is recommended each week, while sanitizing can be spaced further apart. Dry completely after washing with paper towels or air-drying before reassembling and using again.
- If you are still experiencing splashes on the floor even after adjusting water flow, place a mat underneath
- Invest in reusable activated carbon filters to save on cost
- Remember that you are able to adjust water flow and that you do not have to fill it up to full capacity
- Clean the machine regularly, weekly if possible, to prevent hair clogs in pump
- Place in an area where you won’t mind an accidental spill occurring
- Easy to assemble, easy to take apart
- Simple to use and clean
- Activated carbon filters keep water fresh and odorless
- Can be used in households with multiple pets
- Quiet operation while in use
- Does not need regular changing or filling of water thanks to large capacity
- Adjustable water flow with a twist
- Interchangeable spouts allow for one or up to five streams of free-falling water
- Activated carbon filters require regular replacement
- Not suitable for big animals
- Pump may get clogged with pet hair
The Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain can be an essential pet-friendly product that encourages adequate hydration in a fun and natural way. It is great in providing your loving pet with a constant supply of refreshing, odorless and bacteria-free water. Any pet will be enticed with the sound and movement cues the machine emits with its free-falling water streams.
For us humans, the sound of water hitting the ramp is barely perceptible, but when it is heard, it is quite relaxing. If your pets are not too large for the fountain, it is definitely one of the best fountains available in the market. It is a very simple, yet intuitive device that will improve water intake for all your pets.