Hoover is one of the most trusted vacuum cleaner manufacturers in the world. In fact, they’re so popular that many people actually refer to all vacuum cleaners as ‘hoovers’ because it’s one of the oldest brands they know. Hoover’s latest release is this sleek cordless stick vacuum cleaner, which offers mobility, energy efficiency, reliability and portability. Read on to find out more on the other features and benefits to look forward to with this cordless vacuum cleaner. Check out more pet hair vacuums here in my guide!
About this product
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick BH50010 vacuum cleaner features a sleek, contemporary design with a low-profile base that allows for versatile cleaning to keep the floors beneath your sofas ad beds spick-and-span.
It’s powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery and simultaneously filters out dirt and debris as you clean, using an innovative cyclonic filtration system and WindTunnel technology. It’s lightweight, mobile and fully-portable, which makes it ideal for use in cleaning all the floors in your house.
This cordless vacuum cleaner comes with a myriad of features that are designed to make the cleaning process that much easier. Take the powered BrushRoll, for example, which comes with WindTunnel technology and different cleaning modes to draw in and eliminate stubborn dirt from all types of floor surfaces – whether it is carpets, laminated floor or hardwoods. It’s also worth mentioning that this vacuum does not scratch the floor. Therefore, it is perfect for use on hardwood floors, regardless of whether you’re sweeping up some pet hairs, or regular dust and dirt.
The controls are well-placed and clearly marked to make for ease of operation, while the equally well-positioned battery fuel gauge is there to let you know when the battery’s low, so you will be able to recharge it in time. The cleaning brush features edge-to-edge bristles so that you are able to clean all along the lines and corners of your floors, which in turn, allows you to clean a large area in a short amount of time.
The reclining handle is another feature that must be mentioned, because it makes gripping and handling the vacuum a comfortable process as opposed to a straight and rigid handle. So, kudos to Hoover for that.
You’d be hard pressed to find an efficient and stylish vacuum cleaner with all the features offered by this fine machine. You can literally clean all your floors with it and feel like you’ve done nothing at the end of it. Once you’re done cleaning, all you have to do is empty the contents of the bottom release dirt cup and you’re done for the day.
- Comes with WindTunnel technology
- Has a reclining handle for easy gripping
- Has reachable controls and battery gauge
- Has a bottom release dirt cup
- The power controls are well-placed for convenient and easy operation
- There’s an easy to spot fuel gauge to keep you updated on the vacuum battery life status
- It’s extremely lightweight and portable
- It’s versatile enough to use on different floor surfaces
- End-to-end bristles ensure that you don’t miss a single spot on those edges and corners
- Clean up is easy with the bottom release dirt cup
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- Comes with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- It has a flexible low-profile design to clean under the furniture
- Beautiful sleek design
- It’s perfect for hardwood floors as it doesn’t leave any scratches
- Pet hair tends to get caught in the brush when vacuuming and doesn’t seem to be able to get into the dirt cup
- It’s rather pricey considering that it comes with below standard parts that break down over a relatively short amount of time
- It’s very delicate and doesn’t do well with heavy-duty work
- The customer service could use some improvement, as well
- There is no swivel motion
- Battery requires frequent recharging
- There are no additional brush attachments
While this may not be the most amazing product that Hoover has released, it certainly holds its own with an excellent design and lightweight size that’s actually capable of more than you’d expect from looking at it. Sure, it does come with some disappointing cons, but when you consider the mobility and versatility it offers, as well as other features, it’s a pretty good deal.
However, you’ll want to keep a few spare batteries just in case the original one that it comes with runs out, as it does and put the 2-year warranty promise to the test when it does eventually break down.