The iRobot Roomba 690 is an entry-level robot vacuum, which compared to the company’s other high-end models offers incredible value for about half the price you would otherwise have to pay. This affordable yet powerful machine will automatically clean floors while simultaneously displaying some impressive app-connected smarts.
That’s the reason for which this article will focus on this more basic robot vacuum, and will outline its most impressive features, benefits and uses.
Also Read: Best Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
Table of Contents
About the iRobot Roomba
If this is the first time you’ve heard about the iRobot Roomba 690, or robotic vacuum cleaners altogether, you may be scratching your head trying to work this one out. Otherwise known an robovac, this little machine has an integrated intelligent programming designed to help you with your cleaning chores. Although the programming can be viewed as limited, some designs allow the robovac to reach tight corners which would otherwise be highly inaccessible. Also Read: Best Roomba for Dog Hair
Our increasingly modern homes demand products which can keep up with the advancing technology which surrounds us. In terms of appearance, the Roomba 690 has a black and silver body which easily fits into most contemporary environments.
Measuring 3.7 inches in height and 13 inches width, the product is designed to clean different types of floors, while fitting into most tight spaces. Weighting around 7.4 pounds, this robovac is a tiny bit heavier than other products, but the good news is that you don’t really need to lift it up too often.
When connected to the internet, you can schedule the cleaning of your home, all according to your individual needs and desires. The iRobot Home App is also equipped with invaluable tips and support for first-time users. If you’re always on the look for further improvements, remember to turn on notifications, as you will be able to receive real time updates on cleaning jobs, and more – all from the comfort of your smartphone.
Here is a new chance for you to boss Alexa around. The process of setting up the Roomba is simple: you just need to open the Amazon Alexa app, go to the Skills menu and select the iRobot option, enabling the connection between the two.
And now you’re ready to roll! You can either start your robotic vacuum and ask it to clean, stop it from cleaning, tell it to recharge its batteries, ask in which room it’s currently located, or keep up with any future updates.
Automatically recharges itself
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I forget what I was doing 10 minutes ago. If you’ve ever been in this situation, then you may understand why this would prove a problem should the Roomba 690 work by this system.
However, the company has beautifully and innovatively created a system in which the robovac runs for a period of 60 minutes, and then is automatically goes to its cutely named HomeBase. It does so in order to recharge its batteries, literally! In this way you will never need to worry about not having recharged it before needing to use it.
Cleans under and around furniture
The robovac makes use of a full suite of sensors, enabling your little helper to identify where dirt and dust hides. Moreover, the low 3.6” profile allows the Roomba to easily fit and clean under most pieces of furniture, including beds, sofas, and TV units. Although impressive, don’t expect the moon, as very low-profile couches and cabinets will still pose a problem for this cute vacuum.
Cleans all floor types
This is highly important for all households. And that’s because nowadays people are looking for versatility, and the iRobot Roomba 690 does not fail to deliver. As it thoroughly moves around your home, the robovac automatically adapts to the type of floor it is cleaning. This includes materials such as tiles, hardwood, laminate floors, or carpets.
- It’s unbelievably easy to connect your device from anywhere; The iRobot HOME App allows the robovac to work around your needs and schedule.
- AeroVac™ Filters capture fine dust and debris.
- Compatible with voice-activated systems such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- App-based support; never feel unsupported again, as you will always have access to tips, tricks, and support.
- Status monitoring; you can use the iRobot HOME App in order to keep track of any cleaning jobs you have previously scheduled.
- Cleans all floor types: the intelligent vacuum is able to understand and adapt itself according to the type of floor it is cleaning (carpets, tile, hardwood, or laminate floors).
- Automatically docks and recharges, meaning that you won’t need to constantly keep track of its battery level. After each 60 minute session, the Roomba will automatically dock in order to recharge.
- Cleans on a schedule; in other words the iRobot can be scheduled to clean up to seven times per week, meaning your home can constantly stay clean.
- Loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt from your floors; and that’s due to the patented 3-stage Cleaning System. Engineered to detect dirt, the next steps are loosening, lifting, and sucking dirt and debris from carpets, rugs, and hard floors.
- Sweeps wall edges and corners due to its spinning side brush which manages to push any debris into the path of the 3-Stage Cleaning system.
To sum up, if you’re looking for robotic vacuum which can connect to Wi-Fi, the Roomba 690 is highly accessible by mobile phone. Considered much more affordable than other products available on today’s marketplace, the machine has incredible suction power and is easy to use, even as a first-time buyer. Additionally, if you have already become accustomed to Alexa, this vacuum can be voice controlled via Google or Amazon.
Needless to say there are other more high-tech models available, such as the Roomba 960 or 980, however the price will go up considerably. Thus, if you want a product which makes use of some incredible features, and has a good value for money, the the iRobot Roomba 690 might just be the perfect fit for your home.