As you know, I’ve been testing out various auto self-cleaning cat litter boxes on the market lately. To be honest, I definitely think the industry is getting more competitive with so many new releases and lots of innovation. LavvieBot is one of these newer releases. Created by Purrsong, Inc, a Korean brand, I was quite curious to give this a try to see how it would stack up against the other brands.
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at LavvieBot S cat litter box, exploring its features, performance, and user experience for an unbiased analysis. Whether you’re a pet parent looking for a better litter box solution or simply curious about the latest pet technology, this review will provide you with valuable insights into the LavvieBot.
Lavviebot Review: Automatic Litter Box Main Highlights
- Self-cleaning litter box with automatic waste removal
- Advanced AI technology for more efficient and thorough cleaning
- Control it remotely with the Purrsong App
- WiFi connectivity and mobile app for remote monitoring and control
- 3 sensors for your cat’s safety and optimal performance
- Easy-to-use LCD display and control panel for customization
- Large litter area for cats of all sizes
- Carbon filter for odor control
- Can be used with any type of cat litter
- Keeps odors under control with a gel-type deodorizer
- Suitable for multiple cats and households with up to 3 cats
- Durable and long-lasting construction with a 1-year warranty.
- Reduced noise level at only 26.5 decibels!
- Don’t have to empty it for up to 20+ days based on my experience
I love the minimalist lines of its innovative design. It has a simple square shape and squared edges which makes it easy to position in any corner. This is in contrast to Litter-Robot self-cleaning box, for example, which has a spherical shape and doesn’t fit as perfectly into corners. I do find the product is a little bulky but not too bad. You’ll find that the modern design makes it easy to match any of your decor too. Constructed with high-quality and durable materials, including ABS plastic, it’s very resistant to scratches, wear and tear, and other forms of damage. You’ll find that the interior has quite a large space for your cat to move around comfortably.
Cats who love their privacy will enjoy the hooded design. The hood is also where the sensors that detect your cat’s presence are. Also, the entrance is well-designed to reduce litter tracking. But you can put a litter mat there if you want to be extra sure about it.
Lavviebot S also features indented buttons for your cat’s safety so your cats can’t just press on them. 3 sensors are built into the robot for detection of your cat. If your cat enters while it’s on an automatic cleaning cycle, the sensor will kick in and stop the cycle.
- Compact size with dimension of 19.5 x 22.9 x 27.7 (inches)
- Carbon filter that absorbs unpleasant odors, keeping your home smelling fresh and clean.
- The control panel and LCD display on the front of the LavvieBot S are easy to navigate and use, with clear and concise instructions displayed in various languages.
- Designed with WiFi connectivity, allowing you to use the mobile app to monitor the litter box’s performance, set customized cleaning schedules, and receive notifications about when the litter box is full or requires maintenance
I did use it for multiple cats but it would be best for a single cat. Its measurements are 19.5 x 22.9 x 27.7 (inches).
The spacious interior of the LavvieBot S ensures that cats have ample room to move around and use the litter box comfortably. The litter box also has a low-entry design, making it easy and comfy for cats ages to enter and exit without difficulty. The company mentions that this cat box is great for many cat breeds that don’t weigh above 22 lbs. Larger breeds like Maine Coons definitely can’t use it.
Lavviebot S Ease of Cleaning and Maintenance
You can expect fuss-free, easy cleaning with this robot. It’s super easy to disassemble for cleaning. All you have to do is press the empty button, remove the litter tray, empty the waste and clean it.
I do like that the waste drawer has a large capacity so you don’t actually have to empty or clean it that often. You can go for a little more than two weeks for one cat. Obviously, with more cats, you have to empty it more often.
One thing I did notice is that sometimes, my cats’ pee can accidentally leak at the back of the wall attachment. Yes, it’s a little troublesome to clean that but no litter box is perfect. Overall, the cleaning is only minimal.
Overall, the LavvieBot S’s design and functionality make it easy to clean and maintain, requiring minimal effort from cat owners. The automatic waste removal feature and easy-to-clean tray make the LavvieBot S ideal for pet owners that want an efficient and hygienic litter box.
Lavviebot S Smart Features
These days, so many robot litter boxes come with apps! The Lavviebot S is paired to the Purrsong app, which you can use to monitor your cat and its health. It was simply and quick to set up the app. You can even do some customizations of your notifications.
Advanced AI technology: The LavvieBot S utilizes advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technology to detect when your cat has used the litter box and automatically initiates the cleaning process. The AI technology ensures that the cleaning process is efficient and thorough, and it also helps to reduce energy consumption.
Multiple sensors: The LavvieBot S is equipped with multiple sensors that detect when your cat enters and exits the litter box. The sensors also detect when the waste receptacle is full, notifying you via the mobile app or LCD display that it’s time to empty the waste container.
WiFi connectivity: With built-in WiFi connectivity, you can monitor the litter box’s performance from your smartphone using the LavvieBot app. The app allows you to customize cleaning schedules, receive notifications when the waste container is full, and track your cat’s litter box habits. The app will alert you when you need to fill up more reserve litter. If you didn’t already know, the Lavviebot S features an automatic litter refill feature. It reloads the exact amount of litter scrapped from the tray. Soon, the company will launch its easy litter order system where you can get more litter with one simple click when litter levels are getting a bit low.
Customizable cleaning schedule: You can customize the cleaning schedule based on your cat’s habits and the number of cats in your household. Set the cleaning schedule to run automatically, or you can initiate a cleaning cycle manually using the control panel or the mobile app.
LCD display and control panel: The LavvieBot S has an easy-to-use LCD display and control panel that allows you to customize the litter box’s settings, including cleaning schedules, litter type, and more. The LED display is so easy to see and use. The buttons and indicator lights are also positioned optimally so you can quickly recognize and navigate the buttons.
All in all, the LavvieBot S’s smart features make it an advanced and customizable product. The AI technology, multiple sensors, WiFi connectivity, and customizable cleaning schedules all make it a standout product in the pet industry.
Odor removal is an issue for other cat litter boxes, but not with Lavviebot S. The deodorizer lasts longer compared to the other brands I have tested and can be replaced every 4 to 6 months. I haven’t changed the deodorizer on my Lavviebot yet and I am in my fourth month of using it.
Lavviebot S Material
Created with high-quality materials that are durable with great longevity, the materials are also safe for your cats. Here are some of the materials used to make the LavvieBot S:
- ABS plastic: Exterior is made from durable ABS plastic that is resistant to scratches and damage. ABS plastic is also easy to clean, making it an ideal material for a self-cleaning litter box.
- Stainless steel: The LavvieBot S’s waste container is made from high-quality stainless steel, which is both durable and easy to clean. Stainless steel is also resistant to corrosion and rust, making it a great material for a waste container that is likely to be in contact with moisture.
- Carbon filter: Made from activated carbon, which is a safe and effective material for reducing litter box odors. Easy to replace and can be purchased separately as needed.
- Removable litter tray: Made from durable plastic that is easy to clean. The tray is removable, making it easy to dispose of waste and clean the tray as needed.
Lavviebot S Price
It’s retailing at USD899 at the point of writing. It is a lot more costly than other brands.
Final Verdict: Do We Recommend?
There’s no doubt the Lavviebot S is top of the range and it’s great if you want to keep your home litter-free. They have a good support service and my cats like to use it. The main obvious issue is the price, of course. It is priced up and isn’t within the budget range of many people.
For something that does a great job, Litter-Robot 3 or even the newer Litter-Robot 4 does it at a much lower price. You still get many smart features, including WiFi connectivity, multiple sensors, and AI technology. Check out my comparison between Litter Robot and Lavviebot.
Overall, the LavvieBot S is a great product but it’s unfortunately too costly and out-of-reach for most cat owners.