It seems like every time my cat uses the litter box, I end up sweeping up chunks of litter. She can’t help it if she makes a little mess here and there, but it would make my life a whole lot easier if things weren’t so messy. Lucky for me, litter boxes have advanced a lot recently, and in this review, I'll be introducing you to my latest cat gadget.
The Modko Brand
This cute modkat flip litter box looks sleek and stylish while providing a perfect way for your cat to do their business without making a mess. Modko makes award-winning litter boxes that look great and just about prevent litter tracking.
They’ve considered everything when it comes to you and your cat, including litter boxes with features you wouldn’t even think about. For example, a locking lid to act as a mat that traps excess litter. I took a look at their litter boxes, and if I didn’t know it was a litter box, I never would have assumed that it was!
Modko works hard to give you litter boxes with designs that’ll look great in any home while providing your cat just what they need.
Modkat Top Entry Litter Box Review
With a hole in the top lid for your cat to jump in and jump out and a place to hang the litter scoop, there’s no more mess for you. Your cat can dig as much as possible and you won’t ever have to see it! Modko makes their Modkat litter box box in a variety of colors, with a seamless base to eliminate leaks, a design meant to reduce litter tracking, and a reusable liner that cleans and transports litter easily.
The top even opens at an angle to prevent excess litter from leaking when you scoop it out. Did I mention that the box was dog proof too?
Features For Your Cat
When you buy a top entry litter box, you not only have to buy the box, but also the liners, the scoop, and probably some air freshener to go along with the litter box. When you buy the Modkat top entry litter box, everything is included.
The litter box's full height, including the reusable liner, the easy open lid, and a hanging ergonomic scoop. The Modkat litter box has a sleek design makes it completely dog proof while giving your cat some privacy to do their business. This patented design gives both you and your cat everything you need to live in a clean, litter-free home! Just grab your reusable liner, dump the litter, and reuse it again and again. Scoop the cat litter with the easy to use the handle and watch the mess simply disappear.
The Modkat litter box designed for your cat's comfort and ensure your cat can turn around completely inside with ease and dig. The Modkat lid itself also acts as a cat litter mat, reducing any mess and footprint.
- Patented top entry litter box design that helps to eliminate all litter tracking thanks to its secure locking lid
- Sleek, stylish, modern litter boxes to fit any home
- An all in one solution that comes with everything you need so you don't have to buy extra accessories
- Dog proof! If you have a dog (I do!), the litter box designed to prevent dogs from poking their heads into the box
- Designed to be enclosed. This gives your pet privacy and helps to reduce litter tracking
- Easy to use scoop
- Has a grating lid that filters out the remaining dirt
- Liner is reusable and strong as the litter box is secured with a wire
- Available in lots of cool colors: white, black, orange, grey, tan
16" width x 16" diameter x 15" height
Entry Point: 8.5" at the narrowest point
Personally, I find this to be the perfect size for a litter box. It's certainly not big or bulky and because it's a top entry, its design is somewhat taller and sleeker. The design, many people would agree, is very modern and won't look out of place in any home.
Do also note that the entry point is not a perfect circle.
The Modkat Scoop
I love the Modkat scoop (seriously, the Modkat has such great design overall whether it's with the Modkat litter box itself or the scoop). As a sidenote, Modkat totally reminds me of one of those Scandinavian designs that pride itself on sleek, modern, minimalist design yet also being very ergonomic and extremely functional at the same time. But back to the scoop...
The Modkat scoop boasts an ergonomic handle that helps you to scoop up litter really easily and effortlessly. Its front edge is contoured to help with the task and after using, you can hang it up neatly on either sides of the Modkat litter box.
The Modkat Liner
Also known for its super tough liner, the Modkat liner is made of heavy duty tarpaulin which really helps those of us who are so sick of less-than-satisfactory liners. Rip-resistant and super easy to clean, it measures 10 inches tall and even has handles so you can move it easily and pour easily.
- Cats adjust incredibly quickly to the top design
- The Modkat top entry litter box fits into small areas easily, and hides both the actual box and the smell
- The high-quality plastic of the box is easy to clean
- Aesthetically pleasing! The design is sleek, minimalistic, modern and suits any interior design
- The liner is super strong, tough, durable and made with heavy duty tarpaulin. It can even last up to 3 months
- Dogs can't get into it and wreck havoc!
- Really does very well in reducing litter tracking and mess
- Box is super easy to clean and easy to scoop
- Convenient storage of the scoop on the sides of the Modkat litter box.
- Great design and thought put into its functionality
- Box reduces odors really well
- Modkat box still works like new after years, and is number one for preventing tracking
- Box comes with a 30 day refund guarantee if you're not happy with your purchase
Keep In Mind:
- The price is a little pricier but you do get what you pay for
- Smell might be an issue since cats don’t bury their waste as often
- Box can be claustrophobic for some cats
- Cats who don’t bury their waste may still end up with litter all over their paws
Can I use the Modkat Top Entry Litter Box for Larger Cats?
People have used the litter box Modkat for cats as large as 15 pounds. For cats that size, it's not too roomy or spacious but still does ok.
Is Modkat Litter Box Suitable For Kittens?
Yes! Most kittens are ready to use a litter box at about 8 weeks. You can help your kitten to get used to the Modkat top entry box by removing the lid first and placing it inside. Hold your kitten’s paws and gently run them through the litter so they feel more comfortable and familiar with how inside the box feels and smells.
Be patient and give it a week for your kitten to understand and start knowing what to do on its own. Also, just make sure the litter is a little higher so it’s easier for it to pop back out.
General Customer Opinion
In general, customers love the Modkat Litter box. Sara said she was nervous about buying a litter box that’s so expensive just for her one cat to go to the bathroom in, but her only regret was that she didn’t make the purchase sooner. Her larger, more easily confused cats picked up on what to do right away, and had absolutely no problems using the box. She loved how sleek the Modkat litter box looked so her house guests didn’t pick up the “cat lady vibe” right away. Other reviewers agree wholeheartedly, loving the way Modkat litter box keeps litter in while keeping dogs, and small children, out.
For the most part, the main issue was the price. Brian mentioned that he felt that he could have gotten something a little cheaper that would do the same thing, and that it might be best to buy a cheaper model that’s similar to see if your cat adjusts properly. He loved the Mod cat litter box, but his cats would no longer bury their waste in the cat litter box, leading to a smell problem. Penny agreed with his review, mentioning that she would have been fine with all of that if her cats didn’t still track litter everywhere. According to her, only about 60% of cat litter box tracking was actually eliminated when she paid for 100%.
Where to buy modkat litter box
You can purchase it on Amazon and be sure to check if there are discounts or promotions as well.
My Verdict On Who The Modkat Suits
If your one cat is a little older and doesn’t jump around as much, I would advise you to consider that the Modkat litter boxesmight not be as suitable. If you have a friend/relative who owns a Modkat litter box, you might want to borrow it to see if your elderly cat will take to the box first.
If your cats loves jumping up on window sills or climbing into boxes, your cat will probably love the Modkat! The Modkat litter box was designed based on the principles that cats naturally love to explore and peek inside the box.
The Modkat Litter Box is sleek, simple, and easy for both cats and humans to use. Like any product, there are some issues, but it’s up to you to consider just what you need out of your litter box when you get down to buying. Many people said the cat litter box was more than worth the price, and if it helps keep your house clean, it might be the next great solution for your litter box problems!