You can now manage your pet’s feeding through your smart phone using the Petnet SmartFeeder. This feeder allows you to schedule feedings or even control them remotely from the convenience of your phone. It’s even made it on to our top 10 automatic cat feeder list, so let’s see what it has to offer!
Petnet Smartfeeder Review
The feeder also sends you notifications and takes consideration of your pet’s age, weight, and activities to control the amount of portions and ingredients of your pet’s food. Not only that, it can monitor the amount of pet food that you have at home and also has your food restocked and delivered when you’re running low.
Features of Petnet Smartfeeder
- Compatible with smart phones on operating systems like iOS 7.1 and above or Android 4.4 KitKat and above
- Capacity of 5-7 lbs. of dry pet food 1/8” to 5/8” in diameter
- Software is compatible with smart devices of different operating systems (Android, iOS, and Windows)
- Connects to your WiFi network (2.4 GHz required) in order to be controlled remotely
- Application allows you to receive notifications, monitor feeding portions and food delivery
- Choose from 1/16 to 1 ½ cups per serving
- Charger cable and user guide included in package
- Ingredients and food mix are optimized to provide your pet with that nutrition that it needs
- No more guessing or estimating if your pet is being fed enough and on time, the smart feeder does most of the leg work for you
- Set a feeding schedule for your pet, the app takes care of the portions based on your pet’s profile
- Uses your home’s WiFi connection and an app you can download on your phone to be controlled and monitored remotely
- It makes sure that your pet is getting properly nourished with recommended food ingredients
- Initiates food delivery when it tracks that you’re already running low on supplies at home
- You can manage your pet’s feeding even when you’re away
- You can receive notifications on your mobile smart phone
- Compatible with iOS and Android users
- Stainless steel bowl and can be removed for easy cleaning
- Battery backup in case the unit gets disconnected from the power source
- Not recommended for pets over 50 pounds
- Cannot contain wet pet food
- Dispenser constantly gets jammed, disabling the feeding system which is inconvenient if you’re not at home to fix it
- Server dependent: if their servers are down, your pet does not get fed
- Bowl is loose and simplest movement will disconnect it, disabling the feeder’s features
- Limited capacity of pet food types can limit your choices of what to feed your pet
Best Suited For?
If you’re worried about being unable to supervise your pet’s feeding, and wondering if your pet is getting enough nourishment during their feeding time, then this product is ideal for you. Because it can be connected to your smart phone, you can now monitor your pet’s feeding time even when you’re at work or away from home. The system also takes your pet’s profile into consideration in order to provide your pet with ideal ingredients and serving portions.