Being a busy working mom, I can’t tell you how having a Petzi pet camera at home helps. It gives me peace of mind to keep an eye on my pet at home and what’s even better is when the Petzi Treat cam is also a treat dispenser! In this review, I’ll tell you more about my experience.
Also Read: More dog cameras
An Introduction to the Petzi Brand
The Petzi pet treat cam is made by an up and coming company, Petzila. Petzila got it’s start on kickstarter where they pitched the idea for Petzi. Their motto, which they live by, is “Making a happier world, one pet at a time.” Even though they only make the Petzi right now, they are waiting on a few patents to go through, What really stood out to me is that they are a new company, they are trying to get innovative technology available to the public.
They also have very good customer service. On a majority of negative and somewhat negative reviews I have seen, someone from their customer service team has commented to help the customer out.
Petzi HD Camera
The Petzi camera has a three to four second replay delay. It’s a wide angle camera so you can see more. It also has night vision capabilities. You can easily see your pet and even take screenshots of your pet.
This wi fi product comes with quite a few cool features. Some of the features include: an interactive app, a wide angle camera with night vision, and a treat launcher. There is also high quality auto for your pet to hear your voice. When you log into the app with wifi to check on your pet, it will ding to get your pet’s attention.
- Controlled by app and conveniently wi-fi connected!
- Easily check in with any smartphone or even your ipad/tablet
- Night vision that is impressively clear
- Wide-angle camera for better view
- Audio is just as impressive, clear and of high quality
- Pet treat dispenser that works with any treats smaller than 1 inch
- Lots of mounting options for you to install according to your preference
- Check here for more features
Let me start off by stating that the video on the Petzi treat cam has a three to four second delay. You cannot save clips of video, but you can take screenshots if your pet does something especially cute while checking in on them. It is a HD camera, unlike the Petchatz. If it’s nighttime and you either leave a small light on or no light at all, you can activate the Petzi cam night mode vision to see your pet better.
Petzi Treat Dispenser
The treat dispenser is very easy to access and refill. All you have to do is take the cover off, and there is a hole on top to place treats into. It works best with dry dog treats that are less than an inch in size. Mini milk bones and dry dog treats work best. This treat cam launches the treat at a decent distance.
Smartphone Petzi App
This Petzi app is very easy to use and has a lot of features. You start by creating a profile for your pet, and then you can start checking in on them when you’re away from home. Connect the Petzi treat cam to wi fi. You can also view other people’s pet or search for a pet by breed.
From the pet app, you can speak to your pet through the speaker and interact with your pet. You can also take screenshots and pop out pet treats. If you take a screenshot, you can post it on the Petzi app or easily share it to your other social media apps as long as you have wi fi.
- Cheaper than most of the other pet treat dispensers
- Easy to set it up and easy to use
- Camera has night vision to see your pet easier in dark rooms
- You can speak to your pet
- Comes with a one year warranty
- App with a lot of features
- Can take screenshots of your pet for social media
- Interact with your pet
- Feed your animal with treats
- Share easily on social media with wi fi
- Larger pet treats can get stuck
- Dispenses multiple treats at once
- Can only be used with the app
- There is no motion alert notification, you won’t receive a notification if your pet walks by
- Your pet can’t see you, only hear your voice
- Video feed has a three to four second delay
How It Works
Combining the security of a pet cam and the added utility of a pet treat dispenser, you can now check in on your pet anytime with the Treat Cam. Fire up the Petzi app, pair it with your smart devices, and you are good to go with a 720p livestream off the ground or mounted on a wall.
A chime plays every time you visit via the Petzi Treat Cam, and a built-in speaker allows owners to communicate with your pet whenever required. Whether your pet responds to you is a whole other matter. Unfortunately, the Petzi Treat Dispenser does not have a microphone, so you will only be able to see your pets’ excitement rather than hear them.
The star of the show is undoubtedly the Petzi Treat Cam’s ability to dispense treats. Fill it up with your pet’s’ favorite treats, and with a simple, remote touch, your pets’ snacking tendencies can be taken care of as treats go flying.
The Petzi Treat Dispenser can also help owners take snapshots, perfect for sharing with friends and family, or even on Petzi’s own network! Others can also join in the fun in watching your pet, but that does require access to your account.
The Petzi Treat Dispenser uses a wide angle lens so you get to observe what your pet is up to at different spots in the room. A ‘night mode’ also ensures that everything works even in low light settings. You can rest easy even when you are staying late at the office, or at a party.
However, the resolution of images captured are not exactly high, and image quality can vary depending on the conditions. At the very least, it all looks pretty decent on your smart devices.
General Customer Reviews
The general consensus is definitely a positive one. Most people mention that they are impressed and even think it’s a really interesting and cool gadget, eagerly showing it off to their friends and family. I remember when we first set it up, we were so excited to see how it works too.
The customer service is also known to be good. Some people who experience minor issues usually have their queries and problems rectified quickly by the brand.
- Enjoy the interaction and view your pet’s antics better by placing the Petzi Treat Cam in a corner and angling slightly downwards to fully utilize the wide angle lens.
- Having the Petzi Treat Dispenser in a room where your pet is most of the time would be ideal. In fact, the attention and the treats may even help to train them to stay away from other areas of the house. Think conditioning like Pavlov’s dogs!
- The Petzi Treat Cam is likely to work better with certain pet breeds. It may take time for your pet to acclimatize to the camera, chimes, and the dispensing of treats.
- You may want to place a large mat around the Petzi Treat Cam. This way, your pet is not eating directly off the floor. Cleaning up would also be easier if some treats are left uneaten.
- It is best to use treats that are small and round to reduce the possibility of blockage at the treats dispensing outlet.
Who Does It Suit?
As the Petzi Treat Cam works remotely, it is ideal for pet owners who are always on the go. It allows you to maintain a constant connection, even if it’s one-sided communication.
It may take time for your pet to respond to the Petzi Treat Cam, particularly if it is very independent. On the flip side, it may work too well for some breeds, their curiosity and appetite for treats will make this investment a sound one.
If you are looking to shoot high-resolution pictures of your pets, you might want to look somewhere else. However, if you are in need of a device that allows you to keep an eye on your pets, or interact with them throughout the day no matter where you are, the Petzi dispenser is perfect for you.
As long as you don’t mind that your pet can’t see a video feed of you, and that you can’t hear your pet, then the Petzi would be a good option. With it’s wide angle camera, you can check in on your pets whenever you’d like. Maybe one day in the future they will make a more updated version with more features. You might want to consider Pawbo Pet Camera too.