Although waking up to a magically clean house without having had to lift a finger is merely a dream – and admittedly a good one, there are many products designed to make this apparent chore into a straightforward and simple-to-overcome task.
The SHARK Navigator Vacuum cleaner is an excellent example of a unit that is able to seamlessly help you with a wide range of cleaning duties – due to its impressive spectrum of functional and versatile features.
About this Product
Designed to be used on bare floors and carpets, the NV356E is a conventional upright vacuum cleaner that allows you to clean the floors in your home comfortably. Although its appearance is reminiscent of other ordinary vacuums available on the market, there are some features which set this particular model apart from the competition.
For example, with the click of a button, the Navigator can convert into a canister vacuum. This characteristic is particularly important for those pesky and tough-to-reach corners of the house, where a standard unit is more than likely going to fail.
Equipped with a plethora of additional gadgets – including an 8-inch crevice tool, pet power brush, dusting brush and dust-aware floor attachments featuring great microfiber pads – this vacuum has a 30-foot long power cord that helps you efficiently clean the entire house.
Primarily meant for bare floors and carpets, the Shark NV356E’s functionality doesn’t end there. That being said, the unit is multi-purpose and is designed to remove swivel steering, allergens and any other pathogens that may affect your family’s health.
- The vacuum features a cyclonic design using a 1100-watt motor
- Reduces the loss of suction due to its powerful filters
- Using a competent filtration system (HEPA filter), the unit can not only clean dust, but also other types of debris
- Helps reduce environmental allergens by 99.9%
- Features an extra-large dust cup, which means that there is less need to throw a dust bag after a short period of time
- The lift away canister allows for easy maintenance of upholstery, furniture, stairs, or other remote areas
- There are accessories available for cleaning the interior of your car
- Swivel steering makes it easier to access tight spaces
- Optimally designed to allow for deep carpet cleaning
Maintaining your vacuum cleaner will largely depend on you changing the bag on a regular basis. A common misconception is that you must empty the bag once it’s full. However, only waiting until the unit is 2/3 full will ensure that less dirt will reach the motor. Moreover, debris requires space to enter the bag and when there is no space, the vacuum won’t work as efficiently and quickly as you might expect.
Moreover, the brush rolls of your vacuum should be regularly checked – as items can quickly get wrapped around them, preventing them from spinning to their maximum capacity (i.e., strings, hairs). To avoid this, either completely remove the roll, or merely remove the objects lodged into it. Otherwise, take the vacuum to a service and let a professional handle the grunt work.
- Excellent suction that doesn’t open once the dirt cups are filled
- Intuitive and top-notch at removing dirt and debris from both carpets and bare floors
- Easy to empty without having to reach in and touch the waste
- Tolerable noise level
- 30-foot power cord makes it straightforward to clean the entire house
- Hose stretches and reaches 8.5 feet
- Comes with a whopping 5-year warranty
- Flexible and powerful 1100-watt motor
- Lightweight – only 14 pounds – allowing you to perform cleaning chores without getting too tired
- You are able to turn its beater brush on or off, depending on your preferences
- No light available, so cleaning dark and isolated places can be a bit of a pain
- When used with hose attachments, the unit gets heavier and harder to hold for prolonged periods of time
- More narrow than other average vacuums, meaning increased cleaning time
- Although hose is long, it may still be too short to clean under furniture
- No separate head attachment for carpeted surfaces
To sum it all up, you must weigh your options and make sure you’re investing your money wisely. Between the full range of products, accessories available and potentially different budgets, you need a model to meet your needs.
The Shark Upright NV356E is an incredibly efficient vacuum cleaner, as its flexibility can offer you a wide range of functionality-related features. Despite its few drawbacks, the unit appeals to many customers due to it being well worth its price tag.
You can make sure you find the ideal model for yourself by heading over to our review guide of our favourite vacuums for removing pet hair!