Wireless vacuums are great for cleaning hard to reach surfaces and corners in your home or vehicle. Using a vacuum with a cord can be hard if the cord isn’t long enough to reach the areas that you need to clean. The wireless operation of this vacuum means that it operates on a powerful rechargeable battery, which provides strong suction power that could possibly exceed vacuums of similar power.
About Shark Perfect II
The SHARK Perfect II Hand Vacuum is a versatile, cordless vacuum that’s perfect for cleaning all kinds of surfaces. That means that your upholstery, carpet and stair cleaning needs are taken care of with the help of this vacuum. It comes with a rubberized hand grip for easier handling, operates on a rechargeable battery and comes with a Motorized Pet Brush attachment to help you clean up pet hair in your home, as well as a crevice brush to reach corners.
Because of its size, it’s easy to use and can also be stored on the wall mount. It’s not as lightweight as other small vacuums, but it makes up for this difference with its suction power. Apart from carpeted and upholstered surfaces, this vacuum also operates wonderfully on bare floors.
Moreover, it has easy to remove and washable filters that can then be reused, while it doesn’t use bags for storing the vacuumed items. That means that you won’t have to worry about buying replacement bags at all.
The batteries of this vacuum need an initial charging period of 24 hours and then 16 hours on the succeeding charges for optimal operation and battery life. The vacuum’s charging station also comes with storage for its brush attachments.
While it has strong points that make it a versatile handheld vacuum, there are several points of concern when owning this vacuum. For instance, the length of its operation time does not seem to be consistent with its charging time. While the battery needs to be charged for at least 16 hours, the vacuum only operates for about 15 minutes before it needs to be charged again. For this reason, this vacuum is best used for spot cleaning purposes only.
Replacement batteries are also available should the battery it comes with fail. However, the cost is a bit controversial as it costs nearly as much or more than getting a replacement unit for the vacuum.
This vacuum operates on an 18V cadmium battery that is charged through the included charging station. There are three attachments included in its packaging, all of which have their own strengths for cleaning different surfaces in your home. It’s ideal for use on carpeted, upholstered and bare hard floors.
For carpeted surfaces, the motorized brush attachment is the best one to use, particularly for small and fine debris. For larger debris and dirt, the brush tool can better pick them up with its larger opening. When using on bare hard floors, the vacuum is best used with either one of the given attachments, or none at all as the suction is strong enough.
• 35% more suction power than similar vacuums
• Effective for cleaning pet hair off your home’s surfaces
• Washable filter that can be easily detached
• Bagless dust cup means no spending on replacements
• Charging station can be mounted on the wall
• Storage for 3 attachments
• Rubberized grip for easy handling
• Wireless operation means that you are easily able to maneuver it into corners and hard to reach spaces in your home
• Strong suction that can effectively clean bare surfaces even without attachments
• Has an LED charging indicator
• Deluxe charging stand is wall-mountable
• Can clean pet hair
• Can be used to clean the inside of vehicles, as well
• Only operates for a short period of time (around 15 minutes)
• Operation time does not compensate for long charging time (16 hours)
• It isn’t very durable and generally does not last very long
• Replacement battery costs nearly as much as a brand-new unit itself
• Attachments don’t come with a locking mechanism unlike other vacuums, so they need to be securely attached before use
• Most ideal for spot cleanings and cannot be used as a replacement for stick vacuums
The SHARK Perfect II Hand Vacuum is a powerful handheld vacuum that has versatile functions both in and outside your home. It’s an ideal vacuum for spot cleaning with its strong suction power and cordless operation. However, it does come with weak points, particularly in relation to battery life and overall durability.
If you would like to compare this cleaner against other handheld or upright models, head over to our guide of recommended pet hair vacuums!