Simply Nourish Dog Food is a Petsmart dog food brand and is currently sold online and in store. Choices available include their general dry dog food range, grain free formula range (no grains, soy, gluten for dogs with food sensitivities), High Protein range (maximum protein levels, minimum carbohydrates) wet food range (stews, casseroles, bisques), Accents toppers & treats range (broth, purees, sauce, simple cuts and Treats & Chews range (jerky, meaty bites, sweet potato, biscuits, biscotti, freeze-dried, long-lasting chews).
As you can see, this is a very wide range of products with a huge variety of choices for different dog breeds, sizes and health needs.
Information On Ingredients Used
Proteins: The main proteins Simply Nourish uses are fresh deboned meat and fish which help to support strong, lean muscles and a healthy heart. Sources include salmon, turkey, lamb, beef, chicken, tuna, shrimp and quail egg.
Carbohydrates: Carbs help to sustain your dog’s energy and support healthy digestion. Sources include brown rice (rich in fibre, B vitamins and minerals) and oatmeal (a superfood known to be highly digestible).
Fruits: Pumpkin and blueberries are used. Known to be great sources of Vitamin A and potassium, these fruits help to support your dog’s immune system and digestion.
Vegetables: Rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre, vegetables such as carrot, spinach, tomato pomace, sweet potato peas and russet potatoes are used.
Other Essential Nutrients: High in fibre, prebiotics and Omega-3 fatty acids (including DHA), nutrients such as flaxseed, canola oil, chicory root and salmon oil are used. These help to give your dog a healthy, nourished coat while supporting brain and eye development in puppies.
Simply Nourish Dog Food Experience
If your dog has skin allergies, it is worth giving this brand a try. Our dogs have skin allergies and lesions and after a vet’s recommendation, yes you guessed it, no more scratching and painful scabs now! That was the main reason why we tried Simply Nourish for our dogs and it did help with the problem.
We have also read many other comments from customers who swear by Simply Nourish when it comes to their dogs’ skin allergies.
Pros and Cons: You Decide
- All of their natural recipes contain real protein as the first primary ingredient. This helps support a healthy heart and body.
- Real wholesome ingredients that the average person can recognise!
- Fruits and veggies sourced from local Midwestern farms
- Different products to cater to different sizes of dogs. Smaller breeds require optimal protein and calorie levels while larger breeds need more glucosamine and chondroitin to help with any hip or joint problems.
- Fruits and veggies used are dried (freeze dried) – not as good as the fresh ones some of the more expensive brands use. But having fruits and veggies is still a plus point.
- The use of canola oil can be controversial as they can sometimes be derived from genetically modified sources. In this case, it’s unconfirmed so we don’t know for sure.
Overall, we give Simply Nourish Dog Food 4 STARS. We consider it a good quality, healthy, high mid-tier range dog food. There are more expensive, better brands out there. But for the price and quality, Simply Nourish is the perfect above-average affordable choice for household who wants the best diet for their dogs.
There has been debate on where Simply Nourish Dog Food is made and the source of the food. We will cover the debate in another post as there is a lot of information to digest in that one! Some people have claimed to find information that the food is made in China. However, we need to put together all the different informational sources and verify claims.