In the most recent years of technological advancement, one of the most sought-after practical ideas is turning your home into a “Smart Home.” This, undeniably, comes with a lot of benefits, but surely, the ability to monitor and manage your home from afar is the best benefit. Moreover, it’s a very calming thought, especially for parents with young adults.
Luckily, you don’t have to look that long and hard for a solution to your ever-worrying minds with Zmodo Technology Corporation by your side. Zmodo is a global leader in smart home solutions and it has designed the perfect home security and home-managing system for everyday consumers like you. We placed it in the top 6 best pet cameras, so it’s definitely worth a look!
About Zmodo Pivot Camera
Pivot is the all-in-one home monitoring device you need in your life. With its easy-to-use functions, home-managing will definitely be a breeze no matter how far away you are. The best thing about this device is its 360-degree motion detector that causes the camera to automatically swivel and pinpoint the movement. This means you won’t need multiple cameras to keep an eye on an entire room. Zmodo also prides itself in the Pivot’s aesthetically pleasing yet inconspicuous design that won’t ruin the overall look of your room.
- It has a 360-degree motion sensor that can automatically detect any movements around the room
- Comes with 2 wireless door or window sensors that send alerts to your phone whenever one is opened
- 16GB internal storage that can store up to 2 whole days’ worth of footage, this is a real treat when you think of the pricey Cloud storage you’d have to pay without it
- Gives you access to your home’s current temperature and humidity for more insight on how things are going at home
- The built-in infrared night vision turns on and off automatically when it detects that it is needed
- Can see up to 32 feet in total darkness
- Has two-way audio – the built-in speaker and a microphone allows you to communicate with those at home through the device itself
- The Bluetooth speaker allows you to play your favorite songs once connected to your phone
- Provides smartphone access – you may configure settings and alerts, view your home in real-time and pivot the camera through the related Android and iOS apps.
Setting the Zmodo Pivot Camera is extremely easy and doesn’t take up a chunk of your time. The first thing you have to do is make sure your phone is connected to your WiFi network and your Pivot is within range of your router. Once this has been taken care of, you may then proceed to download the Zmodo app from either the App Store or Google Play. (compared to Petzi app)
Once it has been downloaded, create your very own Zmodo account and launch the app, which will then give you clear instructions on how to connect your Pivot to your phone. In addition, it will also instruct you on how to personalize your device with a name and password for maximum security.
- Easy to install and understand since the instructions on the app and box are straightforward and descriptive
- It has a 360-degree panning that provides a complete view of the room
- Clear 1080p video, which is the perfect quality for surveillance cameras
- The Zmodo Pivot Camera is relatively inexpensive once you consider all of its features and the security it provides
- This camera isn’t compatible with IFTTT and most smart home devices – asides from other Zmodo products
- It is sensitive and prone to activating at even the slightest movements, causing you to get alerts for nothing
- Even if it automatically detects motions, it isn’t the quickest to swivel and pinpoint the camera to the place of motion
- No removable storage – the only storage it has is the 16gb internal storage and, if paid for, the Cloud storage; having a removable SD Card is not an option
We can’t expect any device to be perfect, but the Zmodo Pivot Camera surely dances along the edge of perfectness, especially for its price. The security it provides and the easy accessibility will surely make you feel more at ease to leave your home for long periods of time. It is a well-built and well-thought out kit that will make managing things at home a lot easier, especially if you’re one to travel a lot. The overall quality of this device isn’t something that’s easy to come by and it definitely deserves all the hype it gets.